Quality Policy Statement
Central Power Services Ltd specialises in all aspects of emergency power solutions and is committed to providing quality products and enhanced services to our customers.
Our Quality Objectives and Targets have been established to help us continually meet and exceed customer satisfaction and this is communicated throughout our company though training and involvement of our people to ensure a full understanding of the role each of us play in the success of our company vision.
Our Quality Management System will be reviewed on a regular basis and will provide a framework for identifying new objectives and confirm the effectiveness and suitability of the system. The Quality Management System is designed to comply with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2015 Standard.
Health and Safety Policy
To ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of our employees while they are at work and of others who may be affected by their undertakings, and compliance with all the relevant legislation and OHSAS 18001:2007.
To ensure the principles of health and safety are clearly understood throughout Central Power Services Ltd, we will be committed to:
- ensuring that there are arrangements put into place for the effective planning, development and review of this health and safety policy;
- ensuring that appropriate systems are developed and maintained for the effective communication of health and safety matters throughout the Company;
- protecting the safety and health of all employees within the Company by preventing work-related injuries, ill health, disease and incidents;
- complying with relevant health and safety laws and regulations, voluntary programmes, collective agreements on health and safety and other requirements to which the Company subscribes;
- ensuring that employees and their representatives are consulted and encouraged to participate actively in all elements of the Health and Safety Management System;
- continually improving the performance of the Health and Safety Management System;
- provide the necessary information, instruction and training to employees and others, including temporary employees to ensure their competence with respect to health and safety;
- devote the necessary resources in the form of finance, equipment, personnel and time to ensure the health and safety of employees. Expert help will be sought where the necessary skills are not available within the Company;
- liaise and work with all necessary persons to ensure health and safety, and will also ensure that adequate arrangements are also in place for ensuring the health and safety of visitors.
Roles & Responsibilities
The ultimate responsibility for Health and Safety within Central Power Services Ltd lies with the Managing Director.
- The Managing Director will annually review the Health & Safety policy for continued suitability.
- The Managing Director will review, sign and date the Health and Safety Statement annually, and bring it the attention of all employees.
We recognise that safety is the responsibility of everyone and is not just a function of management. Employees will have specific duties and responsibilities to comply with the letter and spirit of the policy. Employees have specific responsibilities to take reasonable care of themselves and others that could be affected by their activities and to co-operate to achieve the standards required.
The Company will in consultation with our employees and their representatives set out in writing a commitment to ensuring that our Health and Safety policy will be;
- specific to the Company and appropriate to the nature of our activities;
- concise, clearly written, dated and made effective by the signature of the Managing Director;
- communicated and readily accessible to all persons at their place of work;
- reviewed for continuing suitability; and
- made available to relevant external interested parties, as appropriate.
Central Power Services Ltd recognises that the protection and conservation of the environment is an important aspect of the Company's overall performance and also a major responsibility of the Company management.
The Managing Director is responsible for ensuring that this policy is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained at all levels in the Company.
The Company is committed to continual improvement on environmental performance and the prevention of pollution. This will be achieved by the setting of objectives and targets and ensuring these are regularly monitored. Objectives and targets shall be documented with set Management Programme(s) and communicated throughout the organisation. These areas include but are not limited to: -
- Comply with all legal and other requirements affecting our business and aim to exceed any industry environmental benchmarks as may be demanded by customers or produced by Regulatory Bodies.
- Segregation of waste for re-use and re-cycling to reduce as far as possible the target set for volumes sent to landfill.
- Consider the environmental aspects and impacts of our purchases and the consideration of our suppliers to ensure their products are of reusable or recyclable materials.
- Measure and improve our carbon footprint within our business activities: -
- Fuel usage on Company vehicles and travel mileage
- Water Consumption & Discharges to Water Systems.
- Energy Consumption
- Ensure that our Environmental Management System complies to BS EN ISO 14001:2015
Through regular training employees at all levels are made aware of the potential environmental effects of their activities, new or amended legislation that affects them and the environmental benefits of improved performance.
The Company will require all sub-contractors and suppliers to accept the same operational standards as it imposes on itself.
This policy will be reviewed annually by the senior management of the Company, and where deemed necessary will be amended and re-issued.
This policy statement is displayed on the Company's premises. It is publicly available to any interested party on request.
Each of the policies are downloadable in the section below:
- CPS History
- Supplier Partners
- Case Studies
- Useful Documents
- Credit Account Application
- Quotation Form
If you require a quotation please complete the form or contact our Sales Team on 01995 642 600 Now.
The team of engineers you had on site were very good and they kept myself informed of any power down time, how to use the auto change over in manual mode etc Overall very pleased, thank you for arranging everything!The HICA Group
I would like to convey my thanks to your company for the professional approach and quick response to our call, it set the customer at ease that we could respond so quickly especially as he had called a supplier on their books and couldn’t get a definite response as to when they could get one.Midlands Power Networks Ltd
Just a quick email to say many thanks for sending Andy to site at such short notice. As usual Andy was brilliant, explaining things to my management and to one of the electrical managers that was on site to investigate the power down. His calm and assured explanation of the issue and the positive way he dealt with the units and brought them back on-line is a credit to CPS.Durham County Council
The generator has arrived and I just wanted to thank you for sorting it so quickly and say your driver has been fantastic and most helpful as always.J Wareing & Son (Wrea Green) Ltd
Thanks for pulling out all the stops and going above and beyond for this one. It’s really appreciated so please pass on my thanks to all involved.NHS University Hospitals Morecambe Bay Trust
Just wanted to say a huge thank you for the speedy response to our generator hire requirement yesterday afternoon/evening. The location for the generator was less than ideal for your operative to get into however he persevered and got it in there albeit a long delivery and late finish. Once again, a very speedy, professional and reasonably priced job.Gareth Owens - HFL Building Solutions